ILR Forums
  Sponsored by

Go Back   ILR Forums
Forgot Password? Join Us!
ILR Forums Register Memberships Refer A Friend Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

ILR Home Sponsors

Lamborghini Gallardo LP520-4 MY2006-08
The New Gallardo

Gallardo V10

Gallardo V10

Gallardo LP520-4 (MY2006-08)

The technical modifications made to the Gallardo Spyder and Gallardo SE also apply to the Gallardo Model Year 2006. The Gallardo Spyder, Gallardo SE and Gallardo MY 06 all fully comply with EURO 4 homologation standards.

Thanks to an increased engine power of 520 hp and lower ratio gears, the Gallardo MY 06 can reach a top speed of 315 km/h and accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in 4 seconds.

Equipment levels have also been enhanced and include such items as the new Lamborghini Multimedia System (CD-changer, MP3 player and radio), new colours for the interior trim, a non-smoking version (where the cigar lighter is replaced by a 12V socket).

There are also three new colours to choose from: these are Verde Faunus (green), Blu Fontus (blue) and Grigio Proteus (grey). Some changes have been made to the existing colour range: Rosso Leto replaces Rosso Metis (red) and Nero Serapis replaces Nero Osyris (black).

There are also new colours for the interior leather: Arancio Leonis (orange) replaces "Mira" and Rosso Centaurus (red) replaces Rosso Mysia (red).

There is a new range of optional equipment for the Gallardo MY 06, including a series of "Packages”:

The “Branding Package“:
  • Lamborghini script on dashboard
  • Lamborghini logo in relief on the head rest
  • Coloured logo on the wheels
The “Travel Package”:
  • Storage box located under the steering wheel
  • Storage nets on the backs of the seats
  • Cup holder
The “Winter Package”:
  • Heated mirrors, seats and screenwash nozzles
  • Black carpets
  • Winter tyres with titanium Cassiopea wheels
  • 12 V socket in the boot
Optional equipment for the Gallardo MY06 also includes the rear video camera and a TV-tuner (not available for USA/Canada and Japan).

Other options include new "Callisto" wheels and the sports setup for the MY 06 model, with racing steering wheel, steering and suspension.

There is also a range of customised options for the Gallardo MY 06 (under the name “Privilege Programme”), which gives customers the possibility to purchase an even more exclusive and truly unique car.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Lamborghini Gallardo LP520-4 MY2006-08

ENGINE
TypeMid-Mounted 90° V10
18° crankpin offset
Bore/Stroke82.5mm x 92.8mm
Capacity4,961cc
Intake SystemVariable Geometry
Valve gearChain driven, intake and exhaust continuously variable valve timing, electronically controlled
Emission control systemCatalytic converters with lambda sensors
Engine management systemElectronic Lamborghini L.I.E., with individual static ignition, multipoint sequential fuel injection, Drive-by-Wire system, OBD system
Max power520 hp (382 kW) at 8000 rpm
Max torque510 Nm @ 4,500rpm
Compression11:1
Cooling SystemTwo water radiators & gearbox oil cooler & engine oil cooler
LubricationDry sump

DRIVETRAIN
TypePermanent 4-wheel drive with viscous traction system
Gearbox6-speed + reverse. As optional, robotized sequential E-gear system with actuation by paddles on the steering column
ClutchDouble plate Ř 215 mm
Front DifferentialSlip limitation by ABD function
Rear Differential45% limited slip

CHASSIS & BODY
FrameStructural aluminium spaceframe, based on aluminium extruded parts welded to aluminium casted joint elements
BodyAluminium with thermoplastic 'hang on' parts
MirrorsExternal mirror with electrical closing system and heating system, internal mirror with anti-blinding system
Rear spoilerElectronically controlled
AirbagsFront dual stage driver and passenger airbags, side head-thorax airbags
SuspensionDouble wishbones front and rear suspension system, anti-roll bar, anti-dive and anti-squat,self adjusting FSD dampers
ESPFull ESP system with ABS, ASR and ABD
SteeringPower-assisted rack and pinion
BrakesPower vacuum, aluminium alloy calipers: 8 cylinders front caliper and 4 cylinders rear caliper
Ventilated discs365 x 34 mm front
335 x 32 mm rear
Wheels (f/r)Aluminium alloy: 8.5" x 19" - 11" x 19"
Tires (f/r)Pirelli Pzero
235/35 ZR
19 – 295/30 ZR 19

DIMENSIONS
Overall Length4300 mm
Overall Width1900 mm
Overall Height1165 mm
Wheelbase2560 mm
Front Track1622 mm